For the current job, the candidate should:
- Support the current B-PHOT technology-experts for their work on multi-axis ultraprecision machining stations (from the preparation of design files in CAD-CAM environments to the actual production of the components).
- Operate a unique high-performance hot embossing machine for replication of optical components in polymers and in glass.
- Operate an injection moulding machine for the replication of optical components in polymers.
- Characterize the fabricated optical components using several profilers and interferometers present in the B-PHOT cleanroom. You also use these metrology tools in the framework of industrial metrology tasks.
- Take care of the maintenance and correct operation of the above machines.
As a technology expert we look to the following profile
- Required expertise or degree(s): at least a Master in electronics, ICT, electromechanics or mechanics, or equivalent through experience.
- You have knowledge of CAD/CAM design tools and you are prepared to learn new software tools.
- Knowledge of Fanuc-compatible G-Code is a plus.
- Basic knowledge in the use of fabrication equipment and/or metrology tools is a plus.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, in English and/or in Dutch.
- You are capable of getting a good insight in information and are able to clearly summarize and evaluate it.
- You are a dynamic workforce. You are at the service of researchers and colleagues and you create added value with your built-up expertise.
- You get along well with people; you like working in team and have an open mindset.
- You are well organized in planning, executing and following up tasks.
- You like taking initiative for concrete and to-the-point actions to get to a good result.
- You are flexible and stress resistant.
- You are concerned with the fluent functioning of the photonics campus in Gooik and the university in general; specifically in terms of the role you play in bridging the gap between the university and industry.
Will you become our new coworker? We offer a full-time contract of indefinite duration
with a salary coupled to grade group 7-8-9.
At VUB we guarantee an open, inclusive and diverse work place and we offer you the opportunity to (further) grow your career.
On top of that, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Maximal reimbursement of your home-work transportation
with public transportation by bike;
- A hospitalisation- and group insurance with guaranteed income;
- The opportunity to give input on your job content and life-long learning
via VUB LRN;
- An open and familial work environment with attention to your work-life balance and a unique holiday arrangement of 35 days
(with full-time employment).
Interested in this job offer? Send your curriculum vitae, motivation letter and a copy of your highest obtained degree (not necessary in case you are a VUB alumnus) before September 1st
The application process fort his job offer looks as follows:
- Step 1: CV-screening by one of our recruiters.
- Step 2: A comparative exam at our Etterbeek campus in Brussels.
- Step 3: An interview at our Photonics Campus in Gooik.
Questions about this offer? Contact Prof. Heidi Ottevaere via firstname.lastname@example.org
Question about the selection procedure? Contact Bruno Verwee via Bruno.Verwee@vub.be or +32 2 629 10 72
Would you like to know what working at VUB means?
Take a look at jobs.vub.be
and discover everything about a.o. our campuses, advantages, strategic goals and colleagues.