International Day of Light: Decorate with Light contest!
It's International Day of Light! Celebrate light and the important role it plays in life! To honour our 'official holiday' at B-PHOT, we have organised a contest together with the B-PHOT Student Chapter: participate to win a cool prize!
IDeaLight '23 - Decorate with Light Competition!
- Decorate your office and/or yourself in a light-related theme (glowsticks, lightbulbs, candles, costumes,...)
- Post your creative picture/video on May 15th or May 16th on Instagram
- Tag @bphot_vub & @bphotchapter
- Use the hashtags #IDeaLight #IDL #LightDay2023
The most funny and creative picture wins a nice light-related prize!
International Day of Light
The International Day of Light is a global initiative that provides an annual focal point for the continued appreciation of light and the role it plays in science, culture, art, education and sustainable development, and in diverse fields such as medicine, communications and energy. IDL is held on May 16th, the anniversary of the first successful operation of the laser in 1960 by Theodore Maiman.
IDeaLight contest terms:
- Everyone can participate with as many entries as they want
- Each separate post with the correct tags and hashtags counts as an entry for the competition
- The post should be submitted on Instagram and should be publicly visible (we should be able to see the picture)
- The post should be submitted on May 15 2023 or May 16 2023
- The submitter should be the original owner and creator of the picture
- All people and/or entities on the pictures should give their approval to be featured on the social media channels of Vrije Universiteit Brussel, B-PHOT Brussels Photonics and B-PHOT Student Chapter
- A jury consisting of the B-PHOT Communication Officer, the president of the B-PHOT Student Chapter and one officer of the B-PHOT Student Chapter decides the winner based on creativity
- The winner will be contacted through Instagram
- The prize will be announced in the week of May 15 2023