Photonics Innovation Center
In the Photonics Innovation Center several technology platforms are available to support innovation, ranging from high-end manufacturing technologies for optical components to characterisation and demonstration setups for photonic systems. The B-PHOT technology platforms are accessible by companies through bilateral agreements, Innovation Boosting of Flanders Make or via European Innovation project like ACTPHAST
Innovative Optical Design
The optical modelling and design platform hosts a team of researchers with wide-ranging expertise and know-how in the modelling and design of photonic systems.
Surface and Optical Characterization Services
The metrology platform has comprehensive competence in optical metrology in general, and in quantitative optical measurements and measurement standards in particular.
Manufacturing of Photonics components
In the B-PHOT Innovation Center, a complete pilot line for free form optics is available. Free form optics for imaging and non-imaging applications, in glass, plastic, semiconductor material can be realized for prototypes, molding or low volume production.
Photonics Demonstrator Platforms
For each of its Research Tracks B-PHOT has invested in well-elaborated demonstrator platforms to test different functional aspects of proof-of-concept demonstrators for different application domains.
Fiber Sensing :
• Microstructured optical fibre, composite structure, method and use for measuring shear load in a composite structure
• Birefringent micro-structured optical fiber for sensor application EP2502102, CA2781555, US8958676
More info: https://vubtechtransfer.be/en/temperature-insensitive-optical-fiber-sensor
• Mechanical strain amplifying transducer EP3312556, US16/342,684
More info: https://vubtechtransfer.be/en/strain-amplifying-transducer
• A method and apparatus for the detection of the presence of mycotoxins in cereals
• System and method for the detection of acrylamide formation in potatoes