Uzbekistani educational project INMACOM workshop in Belgium
The Uzbek universities participating in the INMACOM project have paid a visit to the facilities of VUB and UGent in the framework of a collaboration between Uzbekistan and Belgium to set up a master's programme in photonics and optical communications.
INMACOM wants to meet the needs of the telecommunications labour market in Uzbekistan by setting up an innovative master's programme in photonics and optical communications. The goal of INMACOM is the internationalisation of higher education in the field of photonics and optical communications by jointly updating the existing/developing a new curriculum, taking into account the recommendations of the partner institutions.
The Master of Science in Photonics Engineering joins this project with the support of Vrije Universiteit Brussel and Ghent University. In this framework, we have organised a five-day workshop in Ghent and Brussels, where the representatives from Uzbekistan and partner universities visited the laboratories, discovered the curriculum and approach of our own photonics programme and got the time to meet professors and technical staff.
- The project’s specific objectives are the following:
- Development of a new MSc curriculum in photonics and optical communications at 4 Uzbek universities;
- Capacity building of 4 Uzbek universities in photonics and optical communications education;
- Establishment of modern photonics and optical communications laboratories in 4 Uzbek universities;
- Pilot testing and starting implementation of joint modules/courses during the last project year;
- Strengthening university-industry cooperation to meet labor market needs.
Tashkent University of Information Technologies, named after Muhammad Al-Khwarizmi
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Politecnico di Torino
Samarkand State University
Urgench branch of Tashkent University of Information Technologies, named after Muhammad Al-Khwarizmi
Ministry for Higher and Secondary Specialized Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Khorezm Branch of UZBEKTELECOM JSC
Uzbekistan National University, named after Mirzo Ulugbek