VUB TechTransfer supports projects financed by the Industrial Research Fund (IOF). Flemish universities receive this government funding according to their valorization output performance: contracts with industry, the number of patents and spin-offs, share in the European Framework Programme for R&D.
The VUB invests IOF funding in IOF knowledge centers that exceed the average scale of a standard university’s research unit. The funding supports them in carrying out outstanding strategic research and developing new application-oriented inventions with economic potential.
The first priority of the IOF funding is the further establishment of a portfolio of potentially applicable and transferable know-how with economic and societal value. It also finances short-term proof-of-concept projects ( POC projects)
B-PHOT as IOF knowlege center :
- IOF Accelerator : Cross-KET Photonics : B-PHOT's third industrial innovation and valorisation wave ( 2018-2021)
- IOF GEAR project ( 2016-2020)
- IOF program TONA ( 2006-2015)
Proof-of-concept projects :
- MIC-STRIP : Combat microbials in humans and animals with the MICSTRIP concept – towards a spin-off company
- Paradigm shift in optical design: a computer-based holistic direct design method covering a wide range of photonic applications
- MIC-STRIP: development of a microfluidic strip and device for rapid and accurate determination of the minimum inhibitory concentrations (MIC) of antibiotics
- The valorization of a portable optical measurement system for the non-destructive, in situ characterization of cultural heritage materals
- Financiering IOF-Proof of Concept: aantonen van de systeembetrouwbaarheid van een nieuw projectiesysteem voor driedimensionale visualisatie